Fans take Sachin atop Mt Everest - testnepalawaz
Headlines News :
Home » , , , » Fans take Sachin atop Mt Everest

Fans take Sachin atop Mt Everest

Written By Pbc on Thursday 16 June 2011 | 17:10


On May 22 this year, former New Zealand Test cricketer Adam Parore climbed Mount Everest to become the world's first international cricketer to do so. Two days before Parore's feat, the greatest Indian cricketer was 'atop of the world's highest peak', courtesy Haryana's Narinder Singh, a diehard Sachin Tendulkar fan.

"Before the start of the World Cup, the Indian team had decided to dedicate the World Cup victory to Sachin if it won the title. At that time, I thought that I should also do something in honour of my idol," said Narinder (31), who hails from Shahbad in Haryana.

"I was in Kathmandu on the day of the World Cup final. After India's victory, I took Sachin's poster and handed it over to Narinder at the Base Camp on April 16," said Pawan Grewal from Bhiwani, who also made it to the summit along with Narinder.

"Narinder always wanted to see his idol atop the world and he did it," Pawan added.

The motivation to 'take' his idol to the roof of the world kept Narinder moving even when a leakage occurred in his oxygen cylinder, and he was left with no choice but to make the final push without the cylinder. He stayed at the peak for an hour without the oxygen cylinder, which in itself is a major achievement.

"Sachin is my inspiration and that only kept me moving even when I was without an oxygen cylinder," said Narinder.

"Hopefully, I will be presenting my photograph, holding Sachin's poster on the summit, to the Master."
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

Sponsor

 
Support : Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2011. testnepalawaz - All Rights Reserved